2009 Jan 16 19:54:06
Jago: lol o.0 where'd this come from

2007 Sep 12 01:06:43
Her3tiC: lol look at this, im 21 and shes 9, and i think she can kick my ass :P
http://www.cartoonland.de/archiv/karate-girl/

2007 Sep 12 00:56:43
Her3tiC: rofl

2007 Sep 09 19:01:40
king_lane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmyWwMFvb94 don't drink while watching it, I spit mine out lol

2007 Sep 07 05:51:12
Her3tiC: hehehe i allmost piss myself from laugh, n1

2007 Sep 05 22:53:04
Jago: n1 lane :)

2007 Sep 04 08:26:17
[king]_Justii!: Nice video Hurrah, but what i loved it's the KENT music :D

Justii!

2007 Aug 27 16:36:15
Beefcake: http://tinyurl.com/2cpc3x

2007 Aug 27 13:53:57
king_lane: i'm a fucking UT addict. :/

2007 Aug 26 16:18:49
Weird: i hereby declare that my databases teacher needs to die a very slow and painfull death, kthnx

2007 Aug 26 16:17:24
Weird: bukkake is with 2 k's o.O

2007 Aug 25 17:22:19
budsi: Bukake

2007 Aug 25 13:28:51
tant_raffa: just so evry1 knows. IM AM IN JASPAN and it rocks. really awesome ^^ I'm gonna upload some pictures later for you to look at =)

Servers

Author Topic: Custom map shinobi  (Read 2651 times)

Offline shinobi

• Necris Warmonger
    • www.kshino.2page.de
Custom map shinobi
« on: 2006-09-16 15:39:33 »
Ok hi admin i have a question: Can u upload a custom vctf-map that i have made. The map is called VCTF-CannabisFields. U can download it here: http://hosted.filefront.com/kingshinobi Screenshot:            It would b nice if u upload it. I like ur server and play it much. Cyall have fun Shinobi  ;)

Offline shinobi

• Necris Warmonger
    • www.kshino.2page.de
Re: Custom map shinobi
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-16 15:45:02 »
If the downloadlink dont works for some reason (maby filefront got some serverproblems by time), Plz post ur email and i send ya the map as a win.rar file. Thx  ;)

Offline Jonny

• Event Participant
  • Mutant
  • Mapper
« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-16 16:19:21 »
layout looks cool, but that map looks far from finished imo...  :-\

Offline Annihilator

• The Mad General
  • Administrator
  • SPAM Monkey
« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-16 19:55:07 »
I like ur server and play it much. Cyall have fun Shinobi  ;)
Thanks.
About the map: I downloaded and tried it, but I have to agree with Jonny - it's not an all-around complete map. The terrain needs work, but so does the layout itself.

Wormz

« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-16 20:06:23 »
the map is called VCTF-CannabisFields.

mmmm...cannabis   8)

Offline Jonny

• Event Participant
  • Mutant
  • Mapper
« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-16 21:06:01 »
Thanks.
About the map: I downloaded and tried it, but I have to agree with Jonny - it's not an all-around complete map. The terrain needs work, but so does the layout itself.

Indeed, from the screen it looks like you need to change the scale of the terrain layers, the dirt one is obviously repeating itself and is therefore too small. Add more layers to get rid of the gray ground, and possibly change to a less garish volumefog, if you feel the need.

Is there anyway you could give me a link for the map that isnt a rar file? i have problems with those - Thanks

Mr.Sunshine

« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-16 22:26:53 »
that isnt a rar file? i have problems with those - Thanks

Try out 7-Zip, it can also open.rar-files

---> http://www.7-zip.org/

Offline shinobi

• Necris Warmonger
    • www.kshino.2page.de
« Reply #7 on: 2006-09-16 22:30:44 »
Hm without a rar file it takes 21mb or some as a rar 5.41. But win.rar is best compressing prog u all should have it. Win.rar com get a new version. Itz easy to handle and in all languages. I think 1.5mb. Btw iam german so sry if some looks mad dialect. Ok for the terrain: I will add some layers or alot. Is there any more i should do or is the map fine for server then? Ok the distance fog i reduce a bit 2. np cyall shin  ;)

Offline shinobi

• Necris Warmonger
    • www.kshino.2page.de
« Reply #8 on: 2006-09-16 22:31:55 »
Or win.ACE does open rar files to. But man u all should have win.rar its godlike compress prog.

Offline Jonny

• Event Participant
  • Mutant
  • Mapper
« Reply #9 on: 2006-09-17 10:02:40 »
Hm without a rar file it takes 21mb or some as a rar 5.41. But win.rar is best compressing prog u all should have it. Win.rar com get a new version. Itz easy to handle and in all languages. I think 1.5mb. Btw iam german so sry if some looks mad dialect. Ok for the terrain: I will add some layers or alot. Is there any more i should do or is the map fine for server then? Ok the distance fog i reduce a bit 2. np cyall shin  ;)

thanks, winrar did the trick - and i've playtested the map, so i have some areas to point out:

1. Terrain - unfortunately was ugly, as i mentioned the amount of layers needs to be increased by one or two, and the scale needs to be increased also. As for the layout it was good and simple, however you may want to make the terrain immediately around the bases symetrical, for purposes of fair play. Sculpting was generally good, however the mountains at the side look unrealistic, and may need to be smoothed + worked on.

2. Lighting wasn't great - try using more than one sunlight actor, for example - one dominant one which is slanted at an angle towards the ground, like the sun is at around morning/dusk, this actor should have the largest brightness. Then have another dimmer sunlight actor which faces in the opposite direction so you dont get any black shadows on your terrain - this actor should have a significantly smaller brightness setting.

3. Static meshes - nothing big here, but i noticed a few hovering trees, this can be fixed easily.

4. Frame rates did get pretty low, but this can be fixed. you can increase the fog or place antiportals inside the hills in your terrain. If you make the hills slightly bigger, you can fit larger antiportals in them and so up your fps.

Other than the lack of bot pathing (which doesnt really matter at first release) i liked the open layout of the map - which should be great for manta run battles. You obviously can use custom content (which is something i never understood) so thats a bonus, and i think this map couldbe gr8 with some work.

Check out these tutorials if u need any help:
http://architectonic.planetunreal.gamespy.com/first_level.html - deals with basics + terrain, sunlight, skyboxes etc

http://phalanx.planetunreal.gamespy.com/tutorials.htm - invaluable tutorials by probably the best mapper to grace ut (hourences) - also adresses the issues you have with the bordering terrain/mountains.

Hope this helps, it's be worth the effort to make a gr8 map, so good luck  ;)